Retailers and commercial services

Retailers and commercial services

Site search

How can we help

Quickly find what you are looking for...

Commercial services View all


Why do I have low pressure?

If you’ve noticed sudden low pressure:There could be a few reasons for this, a burst main for example that is causing a sudden dip in your pressure or flow. You will need to carry out a few checks: Check if the low pressure is only affecting your hot water, this would indicate an internal plumbing problem and you’ll need to contact a plumber. Approved plumbers can be found through WaterSafe or on...

Can I build over a public sewer?

Yes, if your extension or proposed building work is over or within 3 metres of a public sewer or lateral drain, you’ll need to let us know. You’ll need to check our guidance notes to ensure you meet the criteria and if so, complete the Declaration of works form online and return to us by email. If you’re unable to meet the criteria, you can complete the Enquiry to build over/close to public...

What do I do if I have a blocked drain or sewer?

For blockages on a public sewer, please contact us on 0344 346 2020 so that we can confirm responsibility. We’re responsible for maintaining public sewers and we’ll attend within 4 hours to unblock the sewer, free of charge. If you are the homeowner, you are responsible for unblocking private sewers and drains. We’d recommend you contact a private contractor and you can find a list of approved...

What is a cubic metre?

A cubic metre equals 1000 litres of water.   If you’re on a meter, the variable charge from 1st April 2019 for 1 cubic metre is: For water - £1.8477 For sewerage including surface water drainage – £3.5832 For sewerage excluding surface water drainage - £3.1549

View all